Here is a simple, lovely recipe to get the healthy ball rolling! With Easter fast approaching, many of us have Chocolate on the Brain. Here is a simple, healthier swap for the usual chocolate bar.
Homemade Bounty Bars
Clean eating doesn’t mean Chocolate bars are off the table! This recipe is simple and fast, using only 5 ingredients.
These make me feel like a kid again. If it’s lovely and hot outside, these are simply amazing, just out the freezer.
- 200 grams Organic desiccated coconut.
- 3/4 can Organic Coconut cream (use only the thick cream, decanting any water).
- 2 tbsp Maple syrup or Honey.
- 1 pod fresh vanilla seeds or 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- 3 slabs Organic dark chocolate
Mix all the ingredients, except the chocolate in a food processor until beautifully incorporated. Create the bar shapes and place in the freezer for 10- 20 minutes. Melt in the microwave the Dark Chocolate , 30 seconds at a time stirring in between. Do this until just melted and workable. Dip the bars in the melted chocolate and place on a drip tray. Transfer to fridge. These are wonderful to make in advance, if you have the will power!
Frozen Strawberry Yogurt drops.
As we are gearing up for the Easter and the sugar highs that coincide, I thought I would throw in a second recipe to keep that sweet tooth at bay. (ed – Saltfreesaffa created this recipe especially for I Love Ballito!)
No colourants, artificial flavourings or preservatives in sight. These are an incredible frozen snack for the entire family. Super easy, they take only minutes to prepare.
- 1/2 Cup Gourmet Greek thick natural yogurt
- 2 tbsp honey (feel free to add some more if you have a really sweet tooth)
- 1/4 cup Strawberries finely chopped and mashed with a fork
Mix all the ingredients, and place into silicone moulds to freeze in the refrigerator for 2 hours or until frozen and hardened. Remove from moulds and store in freezer tight container to pop out whenever the craving hits.