Good news, the national curfew has been extended to 22:00 daily to allow restaurants to stay open for longer, allowing them to bring in a bit more revenue, also allowing the staff to return home legally after work. Unfortunately, the sale of alcohol will remain prohibited.
This means that South Africans will now be allowed to be outside their homes between 04:00 and 22:00.
Other lockdown regulation changes:
- Individuals will be allowed to leave their homes and travel for leisure purposes but only within their province.
- Accommodation facilities will be allowed to open for leisure purposes. However, no more than two people or a family with up to two parents and two children may share a room.
- Short-term rental sharing, such as Airbnb, remains closed.
- Inter-provincial travel for leisure is still prohibited.
- Guided tours in open-top vehicles will be allowed.
Watch the full media briefing by Tourism Minister Mmamoloko Kubayi-Ngubane below: