Photo Creds: Barry Bowditch
The transition between lockdown level five to level four can be a bit confusing when it comes to knowing what you can and can’t buy so below is a list of all the things you are able to buy during lockdown level four:
- All food products, non-alcoholic beverages and pet food.
- The ‘hot cooked food’ issue has been solved, in a fashion. You cannot purchase it in-store, but you can place an order for these products during your online shop. The delivery of takeaway food is also permitted.
- Toilet paper, sanitary pads, tampons, condoms and all toiletries linked to personal health/hygiene.
- Haircare, beauty products, manicure and pedicure tools, deodorants, dental care products, body and facial items/treatments. These are considered ‘cosmetic toiletries’.
- Medicine, personal protective equipment (PPE), and all first aid / medical supplies remain available for purchase.
- Petrol, diesel, paraffin, oil, other forms of gasoline, coal, and wood: Anything that falls under ‘combustible’ items.
- Airtime and electricity top-ups can be purchased, post office services – and related items – are permitted.
- Newspapers, magazines, and topical printed publications.
- All components and parts linked to hardware, vehicle repair, and academic stationery are now on sale.
- Computers, mobile and cellular phones, plus any supplies linked to home office / IT business make the list.
- Winter clothing, footwear, children’s clothes, bedding, heaters, and blankets have been added to the list of essentials.
- Specific textiles, chemicals and packaging materials needed to produce our essential items can be store-bought.
- E-commerce remains limited. But you can still purchase online subscriptions, membership fees, and all types of downloadable content.
We hope this helps make writing your shopping list down a bit easier.